San Francisco can never be a place of disappointment for visitors who come from around the world. The city has a serene beauty with an eye-catching mountain line with water surrounded on three sides. There are a whole lot of returning visitors due to the weather, architectural beauty, trams, and landscapes. To explore San Francisco online visit https://www.ifonly.com/san-francisco-things-to-do for a complete A to Z guide.
There are a lot more to know and see in San Francisco provided you have time to see. You can further research through http://www.sanfrancisco.com/attractions/ on the finer details like the city pass provided, public transport and other stuffs. Be prepared to walk lots and hence pack your comfy shoes.
San Francisco is not a very crowded place, and you can club sightseeing area all covered in a day. Let us now list down the famous places of interest in SFO.
· Palace Of Fine Arts This is the only place which is remaining from the world fair of 1915. It has a traditional lagoon, calm and peaceful park with a Roman rotunda. It’s a great picnic spot, and you can spend hours together watching the swans that are floating. The open air theater offers numerous shows, concerts and other events of cultural importance.
· China Town You need not go to China if you are lucky to China town. It is one of the biggest and oldest Chinatowns apart from Asia and is popular. There are possibilities of forgetting that you are not in China if you visit this place as you will have a look and feel just like being in China. The Chinese people who reside here are the ones who migrated to SFO to work in the railroad to work in mine. The major tourist area is along the Grant Avenue.
· Alamo Square This is a residential area along with the park is famous for the painted houses which are of Victorian style. This is situated on the east side next to Steiner Street. Alamo Square is a photogenic spot, and you may see them printed in the postcards and calendars. The park has a playground and a court to play tennis. This is also a reason why there are frequent visitors to this place. From the center of the park, you can see the Transamerica Pyramid Building and the peak of the Golden Gate Bridge on a clear day.
· Transamerica Pyramid The Transamerica Pyramid is located in proper downtown at the heart of financial district. This is the second popular place of visit in San Francisco next to the golden gate. The pyramid is the ideal shape for any architecture since it has the advantage of proper ventilation and light. The height of the pyramid is 85 feet and till date the tallest building amongst the other skyscrapers in SFO.
· Lombard Street Many people would know this street as the Crookedest Street In The World, though it is not. A portion of the road had almost eight hairpin bends and was created with an intention to reduce the speed in the steep hill slope. 5miles per hour is the speed limit to drive.